Jenna Hawk – JSH School Counselor
If you or a loved one is experiencing suicidal thoughts or a mental health crisis, here are some local options:
- Well Check - If they are not safe to transport to one of the options below, or you are not in the same location but have a concern, you can call 911 for a well check. A well check is an opportunity for a police officer to talk to the person and see if they need additional professional resources.
- Lifelines - these numbers can be used if you are unsure how to help someone in a mental health crisis or if you are in need of mental health help for yourself.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line- Text Connect to 741741
If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, you can take them to one of the following options for an Emergency Intake:
- Emergency Room at local hospital
- Guidance Center: 201 Main St. Atchison, KS 66002 Phone: 913-367-1593 8am-5pm Crisis Emergency Only
- Atchison Community Health Clinic: 1412 N. 2nd St. Atchison, KS 66002 Phone: 913-367-4879
- Atchison County Sheriff’s Depart. or Atchison Police Department – Emergency Phone: 911 Non-Emergency Phone: 913-367-4323
FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid