About Our District...(School District Map)
Located in rural Northeast Kansas, USD #377 is a 350 square mile district encompassing all of Atchison County, excluding the City of Atchison. The district boundaries extend into small sections of Doniphan, Jackson and Jefferson counties.
The Atchison County Community Schools consist of the following attendance centers:
- PK-K Early Childhood Center and District Administrative Center
- Atchison County Community Junior/Senior High (7-12)
- Atchison County Community Elementary School (1st-6th)
Atchison County Community School District enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year was 486 students. The Elementary School has an enrollment of 239 students pK-6. The Junior/Senior High School has an enrollment of 243 grades 7-12. ACCHS is a member of the North East Kansas League and is a KSHSAA Class 2A High School.
Our district provides rigorous 21st Century educational programming and services to the students we serve. Our 1:1 Chromebook Initiative puts a Chromebook in the hands of every student in grades 1st – 12th.
USD 377 offers a wide range of Extra & Inter Curricular activities including:
Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, Wrestling, Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, FFA, Band (Marching & Concert), Choir, Show Choir, Drama, Forensics, Math Club, Science Club, FBLA, NHS, KAYS, and others
At USD #377, we are dedicated to meeting the educational needs of every child. Our beliefs, mission and vision represent the foundation for not only the way in which we approach our work, but who we are, where we are going, and most importantly a plan for how we are going to get there. Our three focus statements for our newly developed Strategic Plan are:
- Provide Quality Educational Opportunities Designed to Produce Well Rounded Students with a Solid Foundation for Lifelong Learning.
- Unite the Communities and Schools in Support of the Success of Each Student.
- Provide Each Student a Stable, Efficient and Safe Learning Environment.
The shared goal of our entire school community is to make USD #377 a model rural community school district, where all students graduate college and career ready; and have acquired the skill sets and competencies essential to success in advanced levels of training.
A community school district founded on student achievement through academic excellence and educational opportunity to ensure personal success.
BEST Students, BEST Staff, BEST Schools
Community - Excellence - Opportunity - Success - Integrity
USD 377 ACADEMIC PRIORITIES
1. To become a school system that inspires, challenges and supports the highest level of excellence for all our students.
2. Organize and optimize resources for improved academic results
3. Align rigorous curriculum, delivery of instruction, and assessment for continuous improvement of student achievement
4. Develop, expand, and deliver a literacy-based pre-kindergarten to Grade 3 initiative
5. Use student, staff, school, and system performance data to monitor and improve student achievement
6. Foster, support and sustain processes that improve teaching and learning.
We believe every child can learn and be successful.
We believe that a quality education is the fundamental right of every child.
We believe students learn best when they feel safe, secure, and supported by both home and school.
CODE OF ETHICS
Educators commit to their own learning in order to develop their practice.
Educators create, support, and maintain challenging learning environments for all.
Educators advance the intellectual and ethical foundation of the learning community.
Educators collaborate with colleagues and other professionals in the interest of student learning.
Educators collaborate with parents and community, building trust and respecting confidentiality.
Educators nurture the intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and civic potential of each student.
Departmental Mission Statements
Facilities and Maintenance Department Mission Statement
The MISSION of the USD 377 Facilities and Maintenance department is dedicated to providing first-in-class, safe, healthful and effective learning environments and reliable utilities. We are pro-active in delivering quality maintenance repair and service for our students, staff and community that supports our district in achieving excellence. We do that with pride, integrity, and respect in accordance with a cooperative and accommodating schedule.
Technology Department Mission Statement
The MISSION of the USD 377 Technology Department is to provide and integrate effective technology into the district's curriculum, instruction, and administrative applications to increase student achievement, effectiveness of instruction, and efficiency of the staff and administration.
The Food Service Mission Statement
The MISSION of the USD 377 Food Service Department is to prepare quality nutritious meals for students and staff and help educate the students so they develop healthier lifestyles.