HealthQuest – wellness program
The HealthQuest program is experiencing many changes this year. The SEHP is using a new wellness vendor to manage the program, Cerner Corporation. A new website has been rolled out, new programs/services will be offered, and the HealthQuest year has changed to the calendar year.
You will now have to earn 40 credits and complete the Health Assessment Questionnaire (HAQ) to earn the premium discount for plan year 2018.
- For employee only or employee+child(ren) coverage, the premium incentive is $480/year.
- For employee+spouse or family coverage, the total premium incentive is $480/year, however, both spouses must each earn 40 credits to earn the total incentive. If only one completes the required 40 credits, the discount earned is $240. If both do, the discount earned is $480.
For employees enrolled in Plan C: Employees and their covered spouses can earn up to $500 each toward the employee’s Health Savings Account by completing HealthQuest activities. Employees will earn HealthQuest credits and HSA dollar values by completing HealthQuest activities during 2017. HSA dollars earned will be paid to the employee during Plan Year 2017.
All employees must register an account with the new website. Go to the new website. Select “Create My Account” to begin registration for your NEW HealthQuest account.
For the “Employee ID” Criteria:
- Employees: enter 11 digit employee ID followed by EE. The ID # is a letter followed by 10 digits. Example: K0000012345EE. Contact the Central Office if you need help locating this number.
- Spouses: enter the spouses 11 digit employee ID followed by SP. Example: K0000012345SP
We are hosting a biometric screening event on March 9, 2017. Here’s a link to the website to schedule an appointment. Here’s a link to the on-site screening schedule if you would like to be screened at a different location. Reminder: Spouses enrolled in the plan can attend these events as well.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to schedule an appointment.
HealthQuest's new website: kansashealthquest.cernerwellness.com
HealthQuest info on the SEHP's website: http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/default.htm
Biometrics form – to take to doctor
Plan A Incentive Guide
Plan C Incentive Guide
Health Insurance – Plan Year 2017 – Open Enrollment is October 1-31, 2016
Summary of changes for plan year 2017 - pdf - The good folks at the State Employee Health Plan put this together to inform us of all the changes occurring in the 2017 plan year. Please take a look at it.
Membership Administration Portal (MAP) website: https://sehp.member.hrissuite.com/ This is the website where you go to log into your individual account and actually make your elections.
State Employee Health Plan website: http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/sehp/default.htm This website contains all the resources you need to answer any questions regarding your benefits. It's a good idea to be familiar with this website.
Open Enrollment Handbook
Premium Rate Schedule - premiums are shown prior to the $20/month HeathQuest discount
Sick Leave Bank Policy
F. Sick Leave Bank
- Participation shall be voluntary. Those who choose to participate shall contribute one (1) day of their accumulated sick leave to the bank at the beginning of their period of participation.
- Teachers may enroll in the sick leave bank at the beginning of each contract year but must submit the appropriate form by October 1. Any teacher on duty from the beginning of the contract year desiring to enroll after October 1 must wait until the following year. Teachers hired after the beginning of the contract year who desire to enroll must do so within thirty (30) calendar days after their first day at work or by October 1 of the current contract year, whichever is later.
- Only participating teachers are eligible to draw from the bank. Each person, before using the bank, shall deplete his or her accumulated sick leave.
- Teachers shall not be allowed to withdraw days from the sick leave bank for any days for which workers' compensation benefits are received.
- In order for a staff member to participate in the employee/family sick leave bank, he or she must donate one day of sick leave at the beginning of each school year.
- A staff member upon retirement may donate two days to the sick leave bank.
- A committee of eight (four teachers K-3 (1), G4-6 (1), G7-8 (1), G9-12 (1), three classified, and a building principal) shall grant or deny any request made to the sick leave bank for sick leave days. Requests for sick leave days should be made to the sick leave bank administrator. Decisions approved by the majority of the committee are final.
The committee members shall use the following criteria in administering the bank and rendering their decision.
a. Medical evidence of serious illness
b. Employee has used all accumulative leave days
c. History of use of sick leave during the year
- Sick bank leave may be requested by the employee for illness, injury, or death in the immediate family (Re: ARTICLE III, I). The central office shall maintain records of sick bank use.
- Requests must be accompanied by physician’s statement and indicate estimated number of sick days requested.
- Eligible participants may join the sick leave bank by donating one day of his/her accumulated sick leave each year until such time as the bank reaches a maximum of 200 days. In the event that the maximum is met only new members will donate days.
- Total amount of sick leave granted from the bank by the committee for one person cannot exceed twenty (20) working days per school year.
- Any employee who is a member of the sick leave bank who has used up all accumulated sick leave, as well as all twenty (20) sick leave bank days, may petition the sick leave bank committee to solicit individual donations from employees. The petition will indicate the number of days needed along with a statement of need that explains the circumstances for which the additional days are being requested.