WELCOME STUDENTS AND STAFF!
Junior-Senior High Volleyball Schedule Notification (08/27/2015)
We have had to update the high school volleyball schedule because of other schools not being able to field a 9th grade team. The changes are listed below:
August 31 C team quad at Valley Falls 5:00 PM
Sept 21 C team quad will be hosted at ACCHS 5:30 PM
Oct 5 C team quad will be hosted at ACCGS 5:00 PM
(We have a JV Quad that day, but no other team could host this date. So we are hosting at the grade school.)
JSH Student Schedule Change Request
Click here to go to the JSH Request for Change of Schedule form!
PARENT NOTICE RE: POWERSCHOOL - We have upgraded PowerSchool to a new version, which still has some kinks that PowerSchool is trying to fix. If you have trouble logging in, there is a new single sign-in that seems to be working for us. The single sign-in allows parents with more than one child in school to access all their students at once. The directions for how to use the single sign-in process is provided in a PDF you can download by clicking below.
PowerSchool Single Sign-in
USD 377 BOE Approves $3 million QZAB (zero interest) Loan provided by a federal program. District to save over $800,000 in interest expenses. Total Project $3.4 Million
Work to begin immediately at the Elementary to replace steam heat and window air units with new heat and air systems. The Elementary school will not be available for public use until school starts up again in August.
Qualified Zone Academy Bonds (QZABs) are a U.S. government debt instrument for schools that meet federal poverty levels. QZAB Project Specifics - Elementary Project Scope Review
- Mechanical HVAC Systems and Elementary School Scope of Design
- Remove existing steam heating infrastructure, including piping and classroom convectors. Steam boiler will be disconnected and remain in place.
- Remove all window air conditioners and lower existing window sashes to seal exterior wall openings.
- Install combination of vertical packaged gas/DX air handling units and packaged rooftop units to heat and cool classroom areas and gymnasium.
- Install lay-in acoustical ceiling system in classrooms with vertical packaged units to conceal ductwork.
- Openings for vertical packaged unit condensers and air intakes will be cut in exterior brick walls, away from windows.
- Two windows on the West side of the original building will be removed to accommodate vertical packaged units.
- Program and install thermostats to control all packaged equipment as efficiently as possible.
- Install ductless mini-split heat pumps and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) equipment to condition office areas and provide individual temperature control.
- Locate combination of gas and electric unit heaters in locker rooms, entryways, and corridors.
JSH to get overhaul on HVAC system. Scope of Design
Refurbishment of all existing air handling units throughout the building including:
- Cleaning of internal housing, cooling coils, fan blades and damper blades
- Replacement of fan motor with premium efficiency motor and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
- Removal of existing fan inlet vanes (both sides of fan)
- Replacement of belt drives and associated bearings
- Epoxy coating bottom of drain pan to reinforce metal, reducing risk of leaks
- Replacement of all air filters
- Removal of all pneumatic control infrastructure and installation of DDC controls
- Replacement of chilled water piping, fittings, and valves near air handlers
- Installation of DDC building automation system to control, schedule, and monitor all air handling units, dampers, and space conditions in lieu of aging existing pneumatic system.
Project completion date is sometime around the end of December.
2015-2016 SCHOOL CALENDAR
Click here to download next year's school calendar!.