USD 377 BOE Approves $3 million QZAB (zero interest) Loan provided by a federal program. District to save over $800,000 in interest expenses. Total Project $3.4 Million
Work to begin immediately at the Elementary to replace steam heat and window air units with new heat and air systems. The Elementary school will not be available for public use until school starts up again in August.
Qualified Zone Academy Bonds (QZABs) are a U.S. government debt instrument for schools that meet federal poverty levels. QZAB Project Specifics - Elementary Project Scope Review
- Mechanical HVAC Systems and Elementary School Scope of Design
- Remove existing steam heating infrastructure, including piping and classroom convectors. Steam boiler will be disconnected and remain in place.
- Remove all window air conditioners and lower existing window sashes to seal exterior wall openings.
- Install combination of vertical packaged gas/DX air handling units and packaged rooftop units to heat and cool classroom areas and gymnasium.
- Install lay-in acoustical ceiling system in classrooms with vertical packaged units to conceal ductwork.
- Openings for vertical packaged unit condensers and air intakes will be cut in exterior brick walls, away from windows.
- Two windows on the West side of the original building will be removed to accommodate vertical packaged units.
- Program and install thermostats to control all packaged equipment as efficiently as possible.
- Install ductless mini-split heat pumps and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) equipment to condition office areas and provide individual temperature control.
- Locate combination of gas and electric unit heaters in locker rooms, entryways, and corridors.
JSH to get overhaul on HVAC system. Scope of Design
Refurbishment of all existing air handling units throughout the building including:
- Cleaning of internal housing, cooling coils, fan blades and damper blades
- Replacement of fan motor with premium efficiency motor and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
- Removal of existing fan inlet vanes (both sides of fan)
- Replacement of belt drives and associated bearings
- Epoxy coating bottom of drain pan to reinforce metal, reducing risk of leaks
- Replacement of all air filters
- Removal of all pneumatic control infrastructure and installation of DDC controls
- Replacement of chilled water piping, fittings, and valves near air handlers
- Installation of DDC building automation system to control, schedule, and monitor all air handling units, dampers, and space conditions in lieu of aging existing pneumatic system.
Project completion date is sometime around the end of December.
USD 377 BOE Special Board Meeting
Special session is scheduled for Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 6:30 PM
Click here to go to Special Session Agenda
ACCJSH Summer Reading 2015
Thanks for your assistance in maintaining the students’ academic skills over the summer and in helping them prepare for the new school year. Experts agree that students who read during the summer gain reading skills, while those who do not slide backward!
Download Summer Reading Flyer here!
SUMMER WEIGHTS AND CONDITIONING CALENDAR
Grades 7-12 Summer Weightlifting and Conditioning Hours
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER VOLLEYBALL INFORMATION - GET IT HERE!
Click on this link to access your summer VB info!
2015-2016 SCHOOL CALENDAR
Click here to download next year's school calendar!.