Homecoming Royalty 2015
ACCHS Girls Cross Country takes 1st at Seneca
Homecoming Pep Rally - Royalty 2015
8th Grade VB takes 3rd at Jeff West
Congratulations to our new NHS members. They are: Lucy Kearney, Savanna Cohorst, Trisha Fassnacht, Madison Hetherington, Ashley Pieper, Jared Wagner, Sara Hamilton, Jacob Chalfant
Back to School Watermelon Feed 2015
Watermelon Feed Fun!
Girls XC 2015
Homecoming Royalty 2015
377 District Vision
To become a model rural community school district.
377 District Mission
A community school district founded on student achievement through academic excellence and educational opportunity to ensure personal success.
377 District Mantra
We are Atchison County, Champions of Excellence and Opportunity.
377 Five Pillars/Core Values
Community - Excellence - Opportunity - Success - Integrity
2015-2016 November Newsletter - Click here to download the USD 377 November Newsletter
USD 377 BOE Approves $3 million QZAB (zero interest) Loan provided by a federal program. District to save over $800,000 in interest expenses. Total Project $3.4 Million
Work to begin immediately at the Elementary to replace steam heat and window air units with new heat and air systems. The Elementary school will not be available for public use until school starts up again in August.
Qualified Zone Academy Bonds (QZABs) are a U.S. government debt instrument for schools that meet federal poverty levels. QZAB Project Specifics - Elementary Project Scope Review
- Mechanical HVAC Systems and Elementary School Scope of Design
- Remove existing steam heating infrastructure, including piping and classroom convectors. Steam boiler will be disconnected and remain in place.
- Remove all window air conditioners and lower existing window sashes to seal exterior wall openings.
- Install combination of vertical packaged gas/DX air handling units and packaged rooftop units to heat and cool classroom areas and gymnasium.
- Install lay-in acoustical ceiling system in classrooms with vertical packaged units to conceal ductwork.
- Openings for vertical packaged unit condensers and air intakes will be cut in exterior brick walls, away from windows.
- Two windows on the West side of the original building will be removed to accommodate vertical packaged units.
- Program and install thermostats to control all packaged equipment as efficiently as possible.
- Install ductless mini-split heat pumps and Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) equipment to condition office areas and provide individual temperature control.
- Locate combination of gas and electric unit heaters in locker rooms, entryways, and corridors.
JSH to get overhaul on HVAC system. Scope of Design
Refurbishment of all existing air handling units throughout the building including:
- Cleaning of internal housing, cooling coils, fan blades and damper blades
- Replacement of fan motor with premium efficiency motor and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
- Removal of existing fan inlet vanes (both sides of fan)
- Replacement of belt drives and associated bearings
- Epoxy coating bottom of drain pan to reinforce metal, reducing risk of leaks
- Replacement of all air filters
- Removal of all pneumatic control infrastructure and installation of DDC controls
- Replacement of chilled water piping, fittings, and valves near air handlers
- Installation of DDC building automation system to control, schedule, and monitor all air handling units, dampers, and space conditions in lieu of aging existing pneumatic system.
Project completion date is sometime around the end of December.
2015-2016 SCHOOL CALENDAR
Click here to download this year's school calendar!